Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tying up loose ends

Looks like I'm heading out to Guatemala City tomorrow. I've been told it's the most dangerous city in Central America, but I'm trying to not let that make me anxious. Evan seems thrilled with the chance of a brush with death, but me being the "over-cautious American," I'm a little worried. My long time friend Christina who lived in Guatemala for a few months suggested I not even spend a night in Guatemala City and push off to basically anywhere else. But I'll give it a chance. We plan on couchsurfing there for the first few nights (couchsurfing.com), then possibly moving off to Antigua.

For those interested in how I packed my bags, what vaccines I got, or how I'm budgeting for my trip, I will post something on that later!

I now plan on using all the hot water in my mom's apartment tonight since I'm not sure when I'll get a hot shower next. Yay for being pruny :)

Safe travels,
Alisha

1 comment:

  1. hooray for the "over-cautious Americans"!!

    Have a great adventure, Alisha! I will be stalking you here :)

    ReplyDelete