Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.

I love to explore, embrace different cultures, and eat great food. Hence my insatiable desire to travel. Something I've learned is that you don't have to travel very far to enjoy these things. One need only to look in one's backyard, so to speak, to find something worth traveling to. I love arriving in a new city and experiencing those moments of lostness and excitement and anxiousness all rolled into one.

That's why I started this blog. To relay all those moments of chaos, stupidity, joy, love, and rage to everyone wondering how I came out of some situations in one piece. I haven't traveled the globe (yet) but honestly, its not about how many places you have been to. Travel is about deep cultural immersion and not being afraid to be yourself where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment