I graduated with a degree in botany and yet I've never planted and nurtured a vegetable garden from start to finish. It's kind of sad really. I get asked all the time how to plant this or maintain that, but unless the question is really technical or chemistry related, I usually don't have an answer. But I want to prove that a biology geek can have a green thumb too, so that's why I planted a micro garden in my tiny like 2/12 foot by 4 1/2 foot garden space.
I planted organic lettuce, beets, and sugar snap peas in hopes that they will start sprouting out of the ground in no time! Why those three vegetables? Because according to my reading, leafy plants and plants that don't produce large sized vegetables are best for shady gardens. Mine doesn't get a ton of sunlight, so I'll keep you posted with how my little plant wonders are fairing. Here are some pictures of what I did with the space. I also included some photos of my sprouting organic avocado seeds!
I planted organic lettuce, beets, and sugar snap peas in hopes that they will start sprouting out of the ground in no time! Why those three vegetables? Because according to my reading, leafy plants and plants that don't produce large sized vegetables are best for shady gardens. Mine doesn't get a ton of sunlight, so I'll keep you posted with how my little plant wonders are fairing. Here are some pictures of what I did with the space. I also included some photos of my sprouting organic avocado seeds!
No comments:
Post a Comment